Equi-Force Equine Products, Inc. is pleased to release their latest innovation in nutrient targeted therapy for equine athletes. MicroBiome Support™ is a proprietary micro-encapsulated slow release formulation that provides a nutrient, Sodium Butyrate, naturally produced by the horse in the hindgut through microbial fermentation of fiber.
Equi-Force Equine Products is pleased to release their latest innovation in nutrient targeted therapy for equine athletes by adding butyrate to help maintain a healthy intestinal lining.
© 2012 by Carien Schippers New window.
However, this nutrient is not present in high enough concentrations in the hindgut in horses in heavy training, horses that have digestive dysfunction, or they are enduring high levels of stress in their daily routine.
Butyrate is a short-chain fatty acid naturally derived from fiber fermentation in the intestine of the horse. However, like glutamine, during times of stress adding additional butyrate to the diet can help to maintain a healthy intestinal lining.
Supplemental Sodium Butyrate has been shown to help prevent, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and diarrhea. It is also beneficial in the following areas:
- Stimulate digestive enzyme production
- Enhance development of intestinal villi increasing surface area which improves feed utilization
- Reduce acute inflammatory response of the gut lining
- Serve as major energy source for colon cells
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Inhibit cancer cell growth and the secretion of host defense peptides
- Affect and prevent the colonization of Salmonella and Campylobacter
- Positively influence the composition of the gut microbiota
Please contact Dr. Gill email@example.com for more information. Veterinary/professional pricing available.
About the author
The news team at EquiMed is dedicated to keeping the horse community informed about the latest developments related to horse health and the horse industry from a community, state, national and global and political perspective.
Check back daily for the latest in up-to-date news!