The Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) recently finished more “free to the public” three to 10 minute safety videos in its Safety Shorts series that can be added to the many that have been produced so far.
The Certified Horsemanship Association encourages the horse industry and public to make use of these safety videos to help spread CHA’s mission of safe, effective, and fun horsemanship. New window.
They can be found on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/chainstructor or at http://cha-ahse.org/store/pages/212/CHA-Horsemanship-Videos.html
The topics of the new videos include:
- Grooming a Horse with CHA CEO Christy Landwehr, thanks to HandsOn Gloves
- How to Pick Hooves Safely with Christy Landwehr
- Truck and Trailer Safety Check with Donovan Dobbs
- How to Trailer Load a Horse Safely with Donovan Dobbs
- How to Saddle English with Julie Goodnight
- How to Bridle English with Julie Goodnight
- How to Saddle Western with Julie Goodnight
- How to Bridle Western with Julie Goodnight
- How to Fit a Horseback Riding Helmet with Julie Goodnight
Some of the ones produced in past years are:
- How to Introduce Your Horse to Fly Spray Safely – thanks to Pyranha, Inc.
- Exercises on Horseback to Improve Rider Position
- How to Introduce Your Horse to a Fly Mask
- How to Pony a Horse
- How to Lead Safely
- How to Safely Paste Deworm Your Horse – thanks to Bimeda
- Two Point, Half Seat, and Light Seat Explained
- How to Safely Hold Your Horse for the Vet or Farrier
- Counting Jump Strides in a Line of Fences on a Course Walk
- How to Safely Adjust Your English Stirrups and Girth While Mounted
- How to Perform a Safety Tack Check
- How to Mount
- Fitting the Breast Collar and Back Cinch Correctly
- Fitting Boots – Sports Medicine Boots, Split Boots and Bell Boots
- Correct Riding Position
- Martingale Fit on Horses
- The Emergency Stop
- Danger Zones around the Horse
- The Emergency Dismount
- Equine Vital Signs and How to Take Them
- Blanketing Your Horse
- Horseback Riding Rein Holds – Split rein hold, Romel rein hold, Direct rein hold and more!
- How to Use a Mounting Block Safely and an Alternate “Leg up”
- How to Correctly Put On a Rope Halter
- Catching and Leading a Horse in a Herd
- Catching a Horse in a Stall
- How to Safely Put Up a Highline for Your Horses
- Bowline Knots with Horses
- Catching a Horse in a Paddock
- Releasing a Horse in a Paddock
- How to Put on Polo and Standing Wraps
- Showmanship Tips
- Long Lining a Horse
- How to Longe a Horse Correctly
- Bit Adjustment for Direct and Leverage Bits
- Reading Horse Behavior
- Lengthening and Shortening of Strides
CHA encourages the horse industry and the public to make use of these videos and to embed them on websites free of charge. These safety videos help spread CHA’s mission of safe, effective, and fun horsemanship.
CHA Instructors Change Lives Through Safe Experiences with Horses. The purpose of CHA is to promote excellence in safety and education for the benefit of the horse industry. CHA certifies instructors and trail guides, accredits equestrian facilities, publishes educational manuals, produces educational horsemanship DVDs and YouTube Safety shorts, and hosts regional and international conferences.
For more information on the largest certifying body of riding instructors and barn managers in North America, Certified Horsemanship Association, please visit www.CHA.horse or call 859-259-3399. To find a certified horseback riding instructor or accredited equine facility near you, visit www.CHAinstructors.com
About the author
The news team at EquiMed is dedicated to keeping the horse community informed about the latest developments related to horse health and the horse industry from a community, state, national and global and political perspective.
Check back daily for the latest in up-to-date news!