Are you seeking a way to gain hands-on media and marketing experience in the equine industry? Would you like an opportunity to create relationships and network with some of the top professionals in the Quarter Horse industry?
The Ohio Quarter Horse Association (OQHA) is now accepting media internship applications for the 2017 All American Quarter Horse Congress held in Columbus, Ohio. Interns will gain experience working the largest horse show in the world, all while networking with people in the Quarter Horse industry.
- The intern must have excellent customer service skills to assist customers with ticket purchases within the Press Office and work alongside the Press Office Lead.
- Issuing press credentials, setting up media interviews and photo opportunities; helping with content for early morning live newscasts
- Will help with Congress events, meetings, and parties
- The intern may help prepare e-news, press releases, social media posts, website content, printed publications, ticket sales initiatives and promotions, and general press room duties
- The intern may also help maintain accurate records on marketing partnerships, press coverage and clippings, contracts and mailing lists
- Must be outgoing, motivated and detail-oriented with project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on quickly, and work well under pressure
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, proper phone etiquette, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are a plus. Photography skills are a plus
- Be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be able to commit to at least 24-32 hours per week from September 1st – October 29th
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and two work samples (photography and writing) to email@example.com by July 14.
The All American Quarter Horse Congress is the world’s largest single-breed horse show, with 23,500 entries in 2016. Held at the
Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, the show attracts 650,000 people, and generates $285 million in the central Ohio economy.
The All American Quarter Horse Congress is hosted by the Ohio Quarter Horse Association, a state affiliate of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more information, visit www.quarterhorsecongress.com.