It’s hard to find someone who would say horses are not good for kids or that kids aren’t good for the horse industry, but as rewarding as it can be, serving as a youth leader can be a lonely calling.
That’s where the American Youth Horse Council fits in, working to unite the youth horse industry and support its leaders by offering a wide array of goods and services designed to help leaders help kids connect through horses. In fact, helping is AYHC’s second nature.
- Networking with fellow youth horse industry leaders from across the country
- Resource materials such as the comprehensive AYHC Horse Industry Handbook and the AYHC Youth Leaders Manual, with lesson plans and follow up exercises at three different progress levels
- Research documentation, such as the “Impact of Equine Activities on Youth Development”—invaluable statistics for fund-raising efforts
- Annual AYHC Symposium featuring a rich schedule of educational presentations and activities; in 2012 the Symposium will be held at Herndon, VA, for a 35th anniversary celebration
- Free Listing in Youth Horse Leaders’ Program Directory
- Grant and Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Leadership Excellence Recognition Program Eligibility
- Contagious excitement about working with vibrant, energized, engaged kids, who are connecting through horses and creating “magic”
Membership rates are modest, and may include discounts on AYHC products and events. Categories include:
- Student (age 14-18) or Collegiate (age 19-25) enrolled in an accredited school - $15
- Adult Leader - $25
- Local Club - $60
- Association or Educational Institution - $100
- Corporate - $150
- Individual Life Member - $350
For more information, visit www.AYHC.com, email info@AYHC.com or call 800-try-AYHC (800-879-2942). If you work with kids, as either an adult or a peer leader, or if your organization has a youth component, American Youth Horse Council membership will help you and the youth you lead achieve greater success—and have more fun.