Newsdate: Monday, March 13, 2023 - 11:00 am
Location: GUELPH, Ontario
Through its Horse Portal Equine Guelph invites horse caregivers everywhere to "Reduce the odds of sickness in your horses! Join our community to learn Canada’s new Equine Biosecurity standard together. Whether you are from Canada or from anywhere in the world, you will gain practical knowledge on ways to keep your horses healthy and protected from getting sick."
Best management practices with respect to biosecurity will ensure you minimize your risk of spreading disease, and will allow you to more effectively communicate this to others.
© 2020 by Equine Guelph New window.
This course aims to provide you with an understanding of the key issues surrounding biosecurity, and infection control, in the horse industry.
More specifically, the course will address the importance of biosecurity, your role in transmitting and preventing the spread of disease, and the most effective approaches for preventing and controlling the spread of disease on the farm and at events. Importantly, increasing your knowledge of best management practices with respect to biosecurity will ensure you minimize your risk of spreading disease, and will allow you to more effectively communicate this to others.
This course is based on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) National Farm and Facility Level Biosecurity Standard for the Equine Sector. CFIA develops national biosecurity standards, protocols and strategies in collaboration with producer organizations, provincial/territorial governments, and academia.
This course may be of interest for:
- Staff who are involved in horse breeding, transporting, show facility, and equine trade shows
- Anyone involved in horse associations or education programs to learn standards and best management practices
- All horse owners who would like to know more about implementing best practices
- Those running a horse business of lessons, boarding, or breeding
- Employers (e.g., trainers, owners) with an interest to invest in their business through furthering the knowledge of employees caring for their horses; to purchase an online course for an employee, please contact Equine Guelph at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the PROTECT YOUR HORSE FROM GETTING SICK course HERE
Press release by The Horse Portal